Digital Democracy with WEA
Led by Gill Keniston-Goble, this short workshop from WEA will introduce the concept of digital democracy, how it can be used to make your voice heard. The workshop will teach you how to use two common pieces of software to create a platform to use to share thoughts, ideas and information on-line. We will also start to explore the benefits of open source software so that we can extend our platform and create a platform that is not limited by someone else.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Review your digital capabilities
- Discuss the benefits of digital democracy
- Create a Padlet page to share resources
- Create a Wordpress blog to be able to share thoughts and ideas
- Have an understanding of open source software and the pro's and con's associated with it
This course is for beginners but you do need to have a basic level of IT literacy i.e. to be familiar with the Microsoft Suite of applications and to be comfortable using the internet. You will need to bring your own digital device eg a laptop/tablet/iPad and be familiar with its working, for ease of working, a laptop is preferred.
To book your place, please visit:
and click enrol online, or call the WEA Support Centre on 0300 303 3464 and quote the Course ID: C3529978